New One-Trip 20'DV Shipping Container
- Dimensions: The container’s exterior dimensions are approximately 20 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8.5 feet in height. The interior dimensions are slightly smaller due to the thickness of the container walls.
- Capacity: The standard 20-foot container has a maximum cargo capacity of around 1,172 cubic feet (33.2 cubic meters). The payload capacity varies depending on the type of cargo and shipping regulations, but it usually ranges from 20 to 25 metric tons.
- Structure: The container is made of durable, corrosion-resistant steel, often referred to as corten steel, to withstand the harsh conditions of maritime transportation.
- Doors: One end of the container features double swing doors that open 270 degrees to facilitate easy loading and unloading of goods.
- Flooring: The container’s interior floor is typically made of marine-grade plywood or bamboo flooring, capable of supporting heavy loads.
- Corner Castings: Each corner of the container is fitted with corner castings, allowing containers to be securely stacked on top of each other during transportation and storage.
- Forklift Pockets: Integrated forklift pockets on the bottom of the container allow for easy handling and movement.
- Ventilation: Most containers have small ventilation openings to prevent condensation and allow air circulation during transportation.
- ISO Standard: The 20-foot shipping container adheres to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards, making it compatible with various transportation methods and equipment worldwide.