Used 20'HC Shipping container
- The container is 20 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 9.5 feet tall. The height of 9.5 feet distinguishes it as a “High Cube” container, offering an additional foot of internal height compared to a standard 20-foot container.
- The container is made of strong, corrosion-resistant steel to withstand harsh weather conditions and protect the cargo inside. It has a robust frame with reinforced corners, providing stability during handling and transportation.
- At one end of the container, there are double doors that open outward. These doors have heavy-duty gaskets to create a tight seal when closed, ensuring the contents remain secure and protected from the elements.
- A 20’HC container typically has a maximum payload capacity of around 28,200 kilograms (62,170 pounds). However, this capacity can vary slightly depending on the container’s specific design and the regulations of the shipping company or country.
- 20’HC containers are versatile and can be used to transport a wide range of goods, including dry goods, machinery, vehicles, furniture, electronics, and other items.
- The containers are designed to be easily stacked on top of each other, which optimizes space utilization on ships and at storage yards. The standardized dimensions allow for efficient loading and unloading processes, promoting the smooth transfer of goods between different modes of transportation.
- Intermodal compatibility: Since the containers adhere to ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards, they are compatible with various transportation methods, such as container ships, railroads, and flatbed trailers.
- International shipping: 20’HC containers are commonly used in international trade due to their widespread availability and standardized design, making them easy to transfer between different transport networks and countries.